General Knowledge Test
1) What is the difference between a jungle and a rain forest?
a) No difference. Simply two different ways in referring to the same thing.
b) A jungle in general receives less rain than a rain forest.
c) A jungle refers to the thickest area of a rain forest
d) A jungle and a rain forest each contain their own group of distinct plants and animals.
2) What is the world's most common religion?
3) Which city ranks as the world's most populous city (2002)?
a) New York (US)
b) Mexico City (Mexico)
c) Tokyo (Japan)
d) Shanghai (China)
4) What is the second largest country (in size) in the world?
5) As of January 2003, how much is Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates's net worth?
a) 10 million US
b) 10 billion US
c) 35 billion US
d) 50 billion US
6) Which country below is not one of the members of the UN security council (Jan 2003)?
7) The longest river in the world is:
a) Amazon (Brazil)
b) Nile (Egypt)
c) Yangtze (China)
d) Congo (Zaire)
8) Which software firm is the second largest in the world, after Microsoft?
9) What's the world's most widely spoken language?
10) Which continent is host to the most countries in the world?